We all know certain spices taste awesome when combined with chocolate. Well, I – being the spice crazed girl that I am – decided to make Chai Spiced Chocolates using cardamom, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves and sea salt in my chocolate. The combination turned out to be perfect – sweet, salty and warming – just like a cup of my masala chai only in the form of solid chocolate.
These chai chocolate bars are so simple to make. Just melt ghee in a double boiler and add freshly ground spices and then chocolate. Pour into a cute mold and then put into the refrigerator for an hour until solid. If you have any leftover chocolate, just spread it out onto parchment paper and make some chai chocolate bark.
These chai spiced chocolate candies are like an explosion of sweet chai masala in a tiny chocolatey morsel. The spices in this recipe take this chocolate to another level. If I had a candy bar company, I’d make and sell these masala chai chocolate bars and make a fortune amongst foodies. They are incredible.
I gave one of these sweets to Rob (hubby) without giving him any details about what was in them… and he replied with “this tastes like chai!” So, yes – this really does taste like chai. And it’s awesome. And if you make this, please tell me how delicious it is!
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbs Grassfed Organic Ghee
- 5 Cardamom Pods, remove seeds and discard shell
- 2 Cloves (whole)
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (Ground)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Grind cardamom, fennel seeds and cloves in a coffee grinder.
- Melt ghee in a double boiler, add all of the spices and mix well. Then add chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it into mold then pop in fridge until solid.
- Enjoy this amazing chocolate.