- Boil Potatoes: Place well-scrubbed potatoes in a large pot and add cold water so that it is an inch above the potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. Test for doneness at 30 minutes. A sharp knife should easily go through the potato.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove the peel and break them apart using your hands.
- In a medium sized pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the cumin and mustard seeds begin to splutter, add the paprika/kashmiri chili powder, turmeric, salt and cayenne.
- Add the cooked potatoes and stir them in the pot to make sure they are well coated with the spices.
- Next, add the water and raise the heat to high to bring the potato curry to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.