- Add all of your ingredients to your slow cooker and mix well.
- Put the lid on and cook on low overnight – 9 to 12 hours.
- When you wake up, give the apples a good stir. Puree them with an immersion blender or put everything into a blender and then put the puree back into the crock pot.
- Taste and adjust the spices/sugar.
- Cook on low with the lid slightly ajar for a few more hours or until the apple butter is as thick as you’d like it to be (I did another 5-6 hours). Stir frequently.
- Store in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator.
For a sugar-free apple butter, omit coconut sugar and choose sweet apples.