Asian Chicken Salad
- ½ cup unsalted whole cashews, cut in half or roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced (or use leftover chicken)
- ½ head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 4 mandarins, peeled and cut into segments
- ½ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons cashew or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the cashews and sesame seeds on a small baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the cabbage, carrots, cilantro leaves and green onions in a large bowl. Top with grilled chicken and mandarins.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined; drizzle on top of the salad.
- Garnish with cashews and sesame seeds and serve.