- 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 3–4 strips cooked nitrate free bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice (I used chopped dried apricots)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until toasted.
- Add the walnuts to a medium bowl along with the remaining salad ingredients and toss until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard, Whisk until well combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing until well coated.