- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese*
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together all of the filling ingredients except for the broccoli, fold that in last.
- Pour the filling into a pie crust and place the quiche in the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until the filling is set. Be sure to check on the quiche at the halfway mark and cover with foil if necessary to prevent the crust from burning.
- Allow the quiche to cool slightly, sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper, and serve warm.
- I’ve made many times using both pre-shredded cheese and freshly grated… I do prefer freshly grated but it’ll be great either way. If you’d like a cheese recommendation, I love Kerrygold grassfed cheddar. You can find it at most Costco stores for a great price.
- For an easy variation, try a different type of cheese. You can use feta or pepper jack or goat cheese or whatever cheese your heart desires. Except for blue cheese. Maybe don’t do that.