- 2 pounds peeled butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 15 curry leaves
- ½ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (can find
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Add the butternut squash to a pot and cover with water. Bring this to a boil and once it boils, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.
- Meanwhile blend the onion and the Serrano peppers in a food processor.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and once they begin to pop, add the curry leaves and the onion/serrano mixture.
- Saute for 5 minutes then add the shredded coconut, salt and turmeric. Mix well, then add the butternut squash and the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- After a minute, turn off the heat and serve.