- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ ground cloves
- ½ cup (canned) coconut milk
- ¼ cup softened butter/ghee
- 6 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, adjust to taste
whipped cream topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or canned coconut cream if paleo/dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (or honey if paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Then add the wet ingredients to that same bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a cupcake pan (I suggest using parchment cupcake liners).
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool then top with whipped cream and sprinkle a bit of cardamom and cinnamon on top.
how to make whipped cream
Pour the cream and sugar into a stand mixer (or use a hand-held electric mixer) and whisk on medium-high speed for 4-5 minutes, or until you see peaks form.
- If you are making coconut whipped cream, be sure to place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours – this will cause the cream to separate from the milk. The cream is what you want to whip!