A golden-hued egg curry made with spiced coconut milk. This creamy dish is typically eaten for breakfast in Kerala, but you can eat this for lunch or dinner too.
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1–2 Serrano peppers, slit
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon meat masala
- 1 sprig of fresh curry leaves
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can of organic full-fat coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil in a deep skillet or dutch oven and add mustard seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add dried red chilies, onions, and slit Serrano pepper(s).
- After about 10 minutes or once the onions soften, add turmeric, salt, black pepper, meat masala and curry leaves and stir-fry for a minute.
- Next, add the can of coconut milk and cook on low for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the eggs, cook for a couple more minutes, then serve.