- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or fat of choice
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (adjust amount depending on how thick you want the soup)
- Garnish with fenugreek leaves or cilantro
- Add the oil and onions to a dutch oven/heavy bottomed pot over medium heat and saute until the onions begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and serrano pepper and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper and turmeric – stir-fry for a minute then add cauliflower florets and 1 cup water.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes – give it a stir – then cook for another 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Turn off heat, allow the cauliflower to cool – then blend.
- Pour blended cauliflower back into pot along with broth and coconut milk.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes then garnish with fenugreek leaves and serve.