- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (I used my garlic press)
- 1–2 serrano peppers, minced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 lime, juice
- 3 tablespoons ghee (or as much as you need to fry your meat)
- Put the pork in a crock pot and add salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and chili powder to both sides of the meat.
- Add the onion, garlic, serrano pepper, bay leaf and cinnamon stick on top.
- Squeeze the oranges and lime on top and then cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.
- Shred the meat with two forks. Heat ghee in a skillet and fry the meat on one side until golden and crispy.
- Reserve the juices in the crockpot and pour some on top of the meat. Squeeze lime juice on top and serve.