- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ serrano pepper, diced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper, paprika and cilantro together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for now.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and once it’s hot, add the oil, onion and serrano pepper. Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the onions start to brown and caramelize.
- Add the ginger and sauté for 1 minute, then add the bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, scrambling the eggs until cooked.
- I like using red bell pepper because it’s sweeter than green and goes well with the bhurji, but any color of bell pepper works.
- I also highly suggest using fresh ginger (rather than ginger powder or ginger paste) as the flavor of fresh ginger really adds a lot to this dish.