- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ¼ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Pinch of cayenne, to taste
- 5–6 eggs
- Cilantro, optional for garnish
- Heat ghee/oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and stir occasionally for about 10-15 minutes, or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Add garlic and serrano pepper and stir for a couple minutes, then add the red bell pepper and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the spices into the sauce then add the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until tomatoes have reduced and the sauce has thickened (taste sauce and adjust seasonings).
- Gently crack eggs into skillet, season top of eggs with salt and pepper then cover the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with cilantro if desired and serve.