- 1 pound wild-caught cod (or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice (I like avocado oil)
- ¼ cup minced garlic (approx 15 cloves)
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (remove seeds to reduce spice level)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Add oil to a pot over low-medium heat, then add the garlic, serrano pepper and curry leaves. Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add salt, pepper, turmeric and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add water and fish, cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish is flaky.