- 2 tablespoons oil of choice (I like avocado oil)
- 2 pounds bone-in goat (or lamb) pieces (shoulder or leg)
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 ½ inch knob fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans organic diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ½ pound potatoes (leave whole), optional
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot, and add the oil and goat meat to the pot. Once the outside of the meat begins to brown, add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, water and potatoes if using.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- If you’d like for the dish to have a thicker consistency, press the sauté button to reduce or boil off extra liquid.