Golden Milk, also known as haldi ka doodh, is an ancient healing remedy commonly used in India to treat colds or other illnesses. I usually use turmeric powder to make this hot drink because it’s convenient, but if you can find fresh turmeric, use that instead. Just be careful while making this, turmeric stains easily.
- 2 cups milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric or freshly grated turmeric, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Honey, adjust to taste
- Put the milk and spices in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until well combined.
- After about 5 minutes, turn off the heat, cover, and allow the mixture to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the milk through a cheesecloth lined strainer, stir in the honey, and serve.
- If you like cinnamon, feel free to add a pinch of that too! I like to do this every now and then to switch things up.
- You can use any milk you prefer. I like cashew milk or regular whole milk in mine.