- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups packed cilantro
- 1–2 Indian green chilies or 1 serrano pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar (or jaggery or coconut sugar)
- Small handful of fresh pomegranate seeds, optional but delightful
- Blend all of the ingredients together and serve.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for longer storage.
- You can also freeze cubes of this chutney and thaw as needed.