- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice
- 2 red onions, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 carrots, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1–2 jalapenos, minced (remove the seeds and rib for a less spicy chili)
- 4 (14 ounce) cans organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste (optional)
Instant Pot Directions:
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot, and add the oil, onions and garlic to the pot. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then add the ground beef. Cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, then cover and lock the lid.
- Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the Instant Pot, then press the “Bean/Chili” button to begin the pressure cooking. It will automatically be set for 30 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally (I do not recommend using quick release as the pot is very full).
- Garnish with cilantro, cheese, or sour cream if desired.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Add oil to a pan and saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic and beef to a slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 4-5 hours.