- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or fat of choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 4–5 cloves of garlic, minced (used my garlic press)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1–2 habaneros, chopped (caution: habaneros are HOT!)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- bacon, crumbled
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat and then sauté the onions and garlic.
- After a few minutes, add the ground beef and brown the meat.
- In a crockpot: add all of the ingredients including the beef mixture.
- Set it on low and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.