- 1 cup Almonds, soaked and peeled
- 3 cups water
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Discard water and peel almonds (I put the almonds in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, it makes the peels slide right off).
- Put peeled almonds and water into blender and blend on highest setting for a minute or until smooth.
- Strain using a nutmilk bag (give it a good squeeze!), pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Save the pulp! See notes below.
I usually store my pulp in the freezer until I have a decent amount – then I’ll put it into my dehydrator, blend it up and use it as almond meal. You can also just freeze the pulp in an ice cube tray and then use it in a smoothie for some extra protein.
You can adjust the amount of water depending on how thick/then you want your almond milk.