- whole medium sized beets, unpeeled with greens removed
- Add 2 cups water into the steel inner pot, then place a steamer basket or the wire rack that came with your pressure cooker into the pot.
- Place the unpeeled beets on top of the rack, then secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release any remaining pressure.
- Once the the beets are cool enough to touch, remove them from the pot. The peels should easily slide off.
- Place the beets on a cutting board and chop them into the desired size.
- I have been able to cook beets of all sizes using my method. By adding 2 cups of water to the bottom of the pot, the pressure cooker takes longer to reach pressure and that extra time seems to help cook larger beets as well. That said, if your beets are very large, then you can always add an extra few minutes if you find they aren’t as tender as you’d like.
- Use the beet greens in another recipe! Give my carrot greens recipe a try but use beet greens instead.