- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 cans beans of your choice (kidney, great northern, cannellini, black eyed peas)
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 (1 pound) package of frozen corn
- Drain and rinse the canned beans. Set aside for now.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Then add mustard seeds. Once they begin to pop, add the beans and spices.
- Mix well, then add the onions, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Add the corn and heat until thawed.
To make roasted cumin powder: dry roast cumin seeds in a skillet, then grind.