- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced (see how to make hard boiled eggs below)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup (frozen or fresh/thawed) onion masala
- Cilantro leaves, chopped
- Add oil to a sauté pan and place it over medium heat. Allow it a minute to heat up, then add the cumin seeds and once they turn brown, add the green peas, spices and onion masala.
- Stir-fry the green peas for 2-3 minutes, or until they are cooked through, coated with spices and look a bit fried (this will take an extra few minutes if you’re starting with frozen onion masala).
- Place the green peas on a platter and top with sliced hard boiled eggs.
- Sprinkle a pinch of paprika on top of the eggs and garnish with cilantro leaves.
How to make hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot:
- Places 2 cups water into the steel pot then place a steamer or trivet inside. Place the eggs on top of the steamer.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of ice cold water for 5 minutes, then peel and slice.
- If you are vegan or do not eat eggs, you can top the green peas with sliced cooked potatoes. I suggest sprinkling a little salt and pepper on top of the potatoes along with the paprika and cilantro leaves.