- Pour the water into a teapot or small pot and add the spices. Bring the water to a low boil.
- Add the tea to the pot and cover the pot for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover and once the color of the water changes to your liking, add the milk.
- Bring everything to a full boil, then turn off the heat (be sure to carefully watch the pot so the tea doesn’t boil over!).
- Put your cover back on the pot, strain your chai and serve.
- Add sweetener to taste (I prefer using regular sugar when enjoying chai)
- If you’re using non-dairy milk such as almond milk, I like using 1 cup of water and 1 cup of almond milk. You can adjust this according to your taste and to how creamy you prefer your chai.