- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 pound green beans, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes (approx. 1 pound), chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Cilantro, garnish
- Press the sauté button, add the oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once the cumin seeds begin to brown and the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the onion. Stir-fry the onion for 6-7 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Add the garlic and the ginger and give everything a good stir. Then add the tomato and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until it begins to break down.
- Add the green beans and potatoes then sprinkle the spices on top. Give everything a good mix then add the ¼ cup water.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release any remaining pressure.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- I have successfully doubled this recipe in my 6 quart by doubling all ingredients and keeping the cook time the same.
- I usually use Yukon gold potatoes but any potatoes will work. If you use Yukon golds, you can leave the thin skin on the potatoes to save time (if you don’t mind the peels).