- 5 1/2 pounds apples, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup water or apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Sugar, optional
- Core the apples and then cut them into quarters (leave the peels on).
- Add the apples and the water to the Instant Pot.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Puree the contents of the pot with an immersion blender (or put everything into a blender and then put the puree back into the pot).
- Add the spices and sugar to the pot.
- Press sauté and adjust to low. Cook uncovered for 15-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apple butter is as thick as you’d like it to be.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or keep in the freezer for up to 1 mont
- If you are not adding sugar, then the apple butter will take longer to thicken.