- 1 pound okra, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ pound potatoes, sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1–2 green chilies, slit into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup fresh/thawed onion masala
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- Cilantro to garnish
- Rinse the okra and pat dry. Set aside for now.
- Press the sauté button, add oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to the pot and once they turn brown, add the onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until they soften a bit.
- Remove the onions from the pot and place on a plate, set aside.
- Put the okra into the pot and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add potatoes and green chili and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the spices, stir, then add onion masala and water and mix well. Place the tomatoes on top.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook at high pressure for 1 minute.
- Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Add the cubed onions back to the pot, stir, then garnish with cilantro and serve.
- it’s important to slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices so they cook properly.