- 1 ½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon whole black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of ghee, divided
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, cubed
- 2 teaspoons paprika (or Kashmiri chili powder)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1 cup frozen onion masala
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 1-inch ginger, julienned (cut into thin long strips)
- 1–2 green chilies, sliced, to taste
- To dry roast spices, press the sauté button and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add the whole spices to the pot and dry roast them for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take the spices out of the pot and coarsely grind them. Set aside for now.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ghee to the pot, then add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender. Remove the onions and bell pepper from the pot.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of ghee to the pot, then add the chicken, freshly ground whole spices, ground spices and green chili to the pot and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the outside of the chicken is well coated in the spices.
- Add onion masala and 3 tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Press sauté and stir in heavy cream and fenugreek leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce reduces to desired consistency.
- Add the cubed onions and bell pepper back to the pot and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro, ginger and green chilies.