- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- ¼ cup oil
- 8 cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 green chili, minced, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- 1 cup (frozen) onion masala
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup finely ground cashew powder
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 inch ginger, julienned (cut into thin long strips)
- 1–2 green chilies, chopped, to taste
- Press sauté and once the pot is hot, add oil and whole spices. Once the cumin seeds brown, add ginger, garlic and green chili, stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the chicken and ground spices and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt, mix well, then add the onion masala.
- Secure lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Press the sauté button and add the remaining ingredients listed under “add later” and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are slightly tender.
- Top with julienned ginger, chopped green chilies and cilantro.