- 2 pounds skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 Serrano pepper or green chili, minced, adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup (frozen) onion masala
- Cilantro, garnish
- Press the sauté button, add oil and allow it a minute to heat up. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and serrano pepper. Once the cumin seeds brown, add the chicken and spices and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes to coat the chicken.
- Add vinegar and onion masala.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure or quick release after 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Adjust the serrano/green chilies and cayenne to spice preference.