- 1 ½ pounds skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) package portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic (I use 2 tablespoons but we are garlic lovers!)
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme plus extra for garnish, to taste
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium potato (leave whole)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (or you can use heavy cream/milk)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter or sustainable palm shortening, optional
- Rinse the wild rice and drain.
- Add all of the ingredients to the pot except for the potato, coconut milk and mix well.
- Place the potato on top of the mixture.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Remove the potato and place it into a blender along with the coconut milk. Pour this mixture back into the pot along with the butter and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired and serve.