- 2 cups basmati rice, soaked for 15–30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, adjust to taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Soak the basmati rice in cold water for 15-30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Press saute, add butter and once it melts, add the whole spices to the pot. When they begin to sizzle add the onion and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Add the walnuts and raisins, stir for 1-2 minutes to toast the walnuts, then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook for 6 minutes at high pressure. When it is done, wait 10 minutes then release any remaining pressure.
- Garnish with cilantro.