- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (Daiya) dairy-free cheddar style shreds
- 1 cup (So Delicious) coconut milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 handful parsley or green onions or another herb, chopped (optional)
- Oil for greasing silicone mold
- Other optional additions: fresh herbs, caramelized onions, cooked bacon, chopped bell pepper
- Add the eggs, “cheese”, coconut yogurt, salt and pepper to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds or until smooth. Stir in fresh herbs or any mix-ins if using (you can also place these directly into the mold).
- Pour the egg mixture into a well-greased silicone mold, leaving some room at the top (the eggs will expand a bit). Cover the silicone mold with foil.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot. Place a trivet into the pot, then place the covered mold on top of the trivet. (If you have a second mold, cover that with foil and place it on top of the first mold).
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Remove the silicone mold and allow it to cool before popping the egg bites out.
- If you have two molds, you can stack them on top of each other. If not you’ll have to repeat the recipe as this makes 14 egg bites.
- 15 minutes may seem like a long cook time but these dairy-free egg bites take awhile to set. I tried 10 minutes and they stuck to the mold, so I highly suggest sticking with 15 minutes as the recipe states (I personally know it’s tempting to reduce time, which is why I am writing this in the notes).
- This is the silicone mold that I bought to make these.
- If using other mix-ins, I suggest staying away from anything with a high water content, like tomatoes.