- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ – 1 serrano pepper, minced (adjust to taste)
- 2-3 medium gold potatoes (approx. 1 pound), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium to large eggplant (approx. 1 ½ pounds), chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup (frozen or fresh/thawed) onion masala (click here for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Cilantro, garnish
- Press the sauté button then add the oil and allow it a minute to heat up. Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and serrano pepper to the pot. When the cumin seeds turn brown, add the remaining ingredients (I don’t even bother mixing).
- Secure lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release any remaining pressure.
- Mix well, garnish with cilantro and serve.