- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4–5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 habanero, minced (use 2 if you like your food insanely spicy)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Bacon, cooked and crumbed (optional)
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot, and add the oil, onions and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, then add the ground beef to the pot and cook until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 35 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the chili is done, you can either naturally release pressure or use the quick release if you’re in a rush.
- Top with crumbled bacon if desired and serve.