This recipe for shredded cabbage and peas is a simple side dish that calls for a handful of basic Indian spices. I recommend serving this dish alongside lentils or a meat based curry.
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 small cabbage (approx. 28 ounces), shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cilantro, garnish
- Press the sauté button, add the oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Once it’s hot, add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the ginger, stir, then add the cabbage and peas. Sprinkle the spices on top, add the water and give everything a good mix.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 3 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release any remaining pressure.
- Mix well, garnish with cilantro and serve