- 1 cup dried brown chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1–2 Serranos or green chilies, minced
- 15–20 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon meat masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Soak the brown chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Press the sauté button, add the oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds to the pot. Once the mustard seeds begin to splutter, add the onions and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown.
- Add the Serrano pepper, curry leaves, garlic, ginger and spices and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until they begin to break down.
- Add the brown chickpeas and water. Mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Add coconut milk and press sauté to cook for 3-4 minutes.