- 1 tablespoon oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1 cup brown lentils, soak for 3–4 hours
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce (highly recommend Rao’s Homemade)
- ¾ cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- Basil leaves
- Fresh parmesan
- Soak lentils for 3-4 hours. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Press sauté and once the display says hot, add oil and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pot (this will prevent burning).
- Add the lentils, marinara and water and mix well (fyi, I first empty the jar of marinara into the pot then add the water to the jar and swirl it around to make sure I don’t miss a drop of sauce!).
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Taste and add/adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with fresh basil, red chili flakes and parmesan if desired. Serve over pasta.