This sweet and savory chicken curry is so delicious! Most restaurants use sweetened canned mango to make this dish, but my recipe calls for fresh mango puree and that makes all the difference! Serve this with basmati rice and a veggie side and you’ll have a winning meal on your hands.
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 1 ½ pounds skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mango puree (from fresh or frozen ripe mangoes)
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- Cilantro, garnish
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Press sauté, add oil and allow it to heat up. Add the whole spices. Once they begin to sizzle, add the blended onion mixture. Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the onion mixture has thickened.
- Add the spices and chicken to the pot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is well coated with spices.
- Pour water into the pot, secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, press the sauté button, add the mango puree, coconut milk and sugar into the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- If you are using frozen mango chunks to make the mango puree, thaw the chunks before blending. You can find organic frozen mango chunks at your local Trader Joe’s and in some Costco stores.