- 2 pounds skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2-inch knob ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika or Kashmiri chili powder (mild)
- ½ teaspoon (freshly ground if possible) cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste, optional
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup almond flour
- Sliced or slivered almonds, to taste
- Cilantro, garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender (except for the chicken and those listed under “add later”) and blend until smooth. Pour this over the raw chicken and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Press sauté, add the almond flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- You can either shred the chicken right in the pot or use kitchen shears/scissors to cut the chicken into cubes.
- Garnish with cilantro and sliced/slivered almonds (don’t omit, they add crunch!).