- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 serrano pepper, slit in half but still intact
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils (masoor dal), rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- ½ cup onion masala
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, adjust to taste
- Cayenne or red chili powder, to taste
- Press the sauté button, add oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and serrano pepper to the pot. Once the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Adjust salt to taste and add more liquid if you’d like a thinner dal. The dal will thicken as it cools so if you are reheating it, you may need to add more broth.