- 1 (16 ounce) jar of (your fav) salsa
- 1 ½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Serve with: tortillas, cilantro, avocado, lime, jalapeños
- Add all of the ingredients to an instant pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure (or NPR for 10 minutes, then release pressure).
- Using two forks, shred the chicken (or you can remove the chicken and cut it into chunks if you prefer).
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings! Or use however you’d like!
- For a variation, try salsa verde! If using salsa verde, skip the optional spices.