- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (adjust to taste!)
- Cilantro, garnish – optional
- Press the “sauté” button on the Instant Pot. Add the oil and onions and and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, spices and ground beef. Cook until the beef is mostly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients, then cover the lid and close the pressure valve. Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure (or use the quick release if short on time).
- Open the pot and if the meat released a lot of liquid, press the “saute” button to boil off any extra liquid. Reduce the sauce according to your desired level of thickness.
I do not add any additional water to the Instant Pot prior to cooking because meat naturally releases water. You can add water if you’d like, but you’ll need to boil it off at the end by pressing the saute button once it’s done cooking.
Also, just fyi – I usually end up freezing half for another day.