- 1 ½ pounds chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, optional
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- Handful of fresh Thai basil and/or cilantro, chopped
- Crushed peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, red curry paste, chili sauce (if using) and spices to the instant pot and mix well. Then add the chicken to the pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure (or NPR for 10 minutes, then release pressure).
- Using two forks, shred the chicken right into the curry (or you can remove the chicken and cut it into chunks if you prefer)
- Sprinkle with Thai basil/cilantro and crushed peanuts if desired. You can also serve this with lime wedges and add a squeeze of lime juice before eating.