- Add the macaroni, water, palm shortening, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Secure lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release pressure as soon as the time is up, then immediately stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin puree and nutritional yeast.
- Make sure to quick release pressure as soon as the time is up. If you wait too long, the noodles will overcook.
- I use Barilla gluten-free elbow macaroni
- Please let me know if you try another brand of gluten-free pasta and if it works for you
- Brands that work (will update this as I try more brands): Barilla gluten-free elbow macaroni; Ann from the UK says that Garofalo gluten-free penne pasta worked for her
- Brands that do not work: Trader Joe’s Brown Rice and Quinoa Pasta; Trader Joe’s Black Bean Pasta (these will turn to mush)