- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato
- 2 cups leftover goat curry (like this recipe or this one)
- 1 cup (uncooked) basmati rice, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- Fresh mint, garnish
- Fresh cilantro, garnish
- Drain and rinse the rice. Set aside for now.
- Melt ghee in dutch oven over medium heat, add the diced onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the goat curry, rice, water and salt and bring the pot to a boil. Once it begins to boil, put the lid on the pot then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 18 minutes on low heat (do not remove the lid/try to peek!).
- Uncover the pot, turn off the heat and let the rice rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with mint and cilantro.