- Cut lemons in half and squeeze out all the juice into a glass jar.
- Slice or chop the lemon up and place those pieces into the jar along with salt, sugar, and carom seeds.
- Cover the jar with an air-tight lid and give it a good shake to mix well.
- Store the jar in the pantry and continue to give the jar a shake every now and then.
- Continue to add lemon, lemon juice, and spices as needed.
If you don’t like the taste of carom seeds, you can make this with just salt/sugar.
You can start eating this pickle after two weeks but it’ll taste better the longer it ages.
Keep refilling whenever you have extra lemon and stir the jar every now and then. Make sure to always coat the lemons with juice, sugar and salt. Limes work too!
Make sure you eat this pickle as a condiment – in moderation. A small spoonful before or alongside a heavy meal will go a long way.