- 1 pound pork
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter – enough to shallow fry
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the butter, into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 patties.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.