- 3 tablespoons ghee or grassfed butter
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups bone broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package of portabello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup coconut cream (put canned full fat Coconut Milk in the fridge overnight, use the cream on top)
- Paleo Pasta (you can find this at Whole Foods for around $8)
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add the beef and spices and brown the beef on all sides for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to brown for another 5 minutes.
- Next, add the onions and garlic. Saute for a minute, then add all of the remaining ingredients except for the mushrooms and coconut milk.
- Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook for 45 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the lid, stir in the mushrooms and coconut cream. Increase the heat to medium, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, bring the sauce to a boil and reduce until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve over paleo pasta, rice or baked potatoes, if desired. (you can find the pasta at Whole Foods for ~$8 in the freezer section).