Chicken Spaghetti Squash (see details on how to prep squash and chicken below)
- In a casserole dish, add cooked spaghetti squash strands, cooked chicken, cream of mushroom soup, bell pepper and diced tomatoes.
- Mix well and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
To make Chicken:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Carefully add chicken pieces and any seasonings you’d like to the boiling water. (I added salt, pepper and fresh thyme).
- After about 5 minutes, reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside. Once cool, remove chicken from bones.
- Save the broth – it’s liquid gold! (I normally strain before using)
To prepare squash using the oven method:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and add a little oil, salt and pepper to cut sides.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife (cooking time depends on size of squash).
I used a 9×13 casserole dish but you can use any size, as long as it all fits!
Also, I hope this goes without saying but save your chicken broth! I used 1 cup for this recipe and used the rest to make an amazing butternut squash soup.